Mexican Cola Beef Short Rib
5 lbs boneless chuck short rib
1/2 cup peeled whole carrots
4 celery stalks chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion peeled
32 ounces Mexican Coca-Cola
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon peeled garlic
1/2 teaspoon Minors beef base
1/2 gallon of water
1. Clean and cut short ribs into 7.5 oz pieces, season with salt and pepper and sear. Once short ribs have been seared place them on the side.
2. Place chopped celery, carrots and onions in pot with short ribs laid across the top, add thyme and garlic.
3. Make Demi – combine 1/2 teaspoon of Minors beef base and half gallon of water in a separate pot over medium heat until fully dissolved.
4. Pour demi and Coca-Cola over short ribs covering them 3/4 of the way up the short ribs. Cover pot with parchment paper and foil.
5. Strain cooking stock from pot and use as a sauce over short ribs.